Pronunciation: (yOO'nu-fôrm"), [key]
1. identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.
2. without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.
3. constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.
4. constituting part of a uniform: to be issued uniform shoes.
5. Math.occurring in a manner independent of some variable, parameter, function, etc.: a uniform bound.
1. an identifying outfit or style of dress worn by the members of a given profession, organization, or rank.
2. a word used in communications to represent the letter U.
1. to make uniform or standard.
2. to clothe in or furnish with a uniform.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.