Pronunciation: (un"im-prOOvd'), [key]
1. not developed to full potential, as resources or the mind.
2. not showing improvement, as one's health, appearance, etc.
3. (of land) not fitted for a profitable use, as by clearing, cultivation, addition of facilities for dwelling or business purposes, or the like.
4. not used to advantage; neglected: an unimproved opportunity.
5. (of animal or plant species) not made more useful or attractive by selective breeding or cultivation.
6. not enhanced; not increased: Our chance of success is unimproved.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.