Pronunciation: (yOO'ni-ter"ē), [key]
1. of or pertaining to a unit or units.
2. of, pertaining to, characterized by, or aiming toward unity: the unitary principles of nationalism.
3. of the nature of a unit; having the indivisible character of a unit; whole.
4. serving as a unit, as of measurement or estimation.
5. of or pertaining to the use of units: A unitary method was applied.
6. Govt.of or pertaining to a system of government in which the executive, legislative, and judicial powers of each state in a body of states are vested in a central authority.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.