Pronunciation: (us), [key]
1. the objective case of we, used as a direct or indirect object: They took us to the circus. She asked us the way.
2. Informal.(used in place of the pronoun we in the predicate after the verb to be): It's us!
3. Informal.(used instead of the pronoun our before a gerund): She graciously forgave us spilling the gravy on the tablecloth.
1. See United States.
2. United States highway (used with a number): US 66.
1. Uncle Sam.
2. United Service.
3. See United States.
1. where mentioned above.
2. as above: a formula in judicial acts, directing that what precedes be reviewed.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.