Pronunciation: (vag'u-bond"), [key]
1. wandering from place to place without any settled home; nomadic: a vagabond tribe.
2. leading an unsettled or carefree life.
3. disreputable; worthless; shiftless.
4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a vagabond: vagabond habits.
5. having an uncertain or irregular course or direction: a vagabond voyage.
1. a person, usually without a permanent home, who wanders from place to place; nomad.
2. an idle wanderer without a permanent home or visible means of support; tramp; vagrant.
3. a carefree, worthless, or irresponsible person; rogue.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.