Pronunciation: (vā'grunt), [key]
1. a person who wanders about idly and has no permanent home or employment; vagabond; tramp.
2. Law.an idle person without visible means of support, as a tramp or beggar.
3. a person who wanders from place to place; wanderer; rover.
4. wandering idly without a permanent home or employment; living in vagabondage: vagrant beggars.
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a vagrant: the vagrant life.
1. wandering or roaming from place to place; nomadic.
2. (of plants) straggling in growth.
3. not fixed or settled, esp. in course; moving hither and thither: a vagrant leaf blown by the wind.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.