Pronunciation: (vā'pur-us), [key]
1. having the form or characteristics of vapor: a vaporous cloud.
2. full of or abounding in vapor; foggy; misty: a vaporous twilight.
3. producing or giving off vapor: a vaporous bog.
4. dimmed or obscured with vapor: a low valley surrounded by vaporous mountains.
5. unsubstantial; diaphanous; airy: vaporous fabrics; vaporous breezes.
6. vaguely formed, fanciful, or unreliable: vaporous promises.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.