Pronunciation: (vâr'ē-us), [key]
1. of different kinds, as two or more things; differing one from another: Various experiments have not proved his theory.
2. marked by or exhibiting variety or diversity: houses of various designs.
3. presenting or having many different qualities or aspects: a woman of various talent.
4. having a variety of colors; varicolored.
5. different from each other; dissimilar.
7. numerous; many: living at various hotels.
8. individual (in a group, class, kind, etc.); separate: permission from various officials in Washington.
Informal.several, many, or numerous ones: I spoke with various of them.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.