Pronunciation: (ver"u-fi-kā'shun), [key]
1. the act of verifying.
2. the state of being verified.
3. evidence that establishes or confirms the accuracy or truth of something: We could find no verification for his fantastic claims.
4. a formal assertion of the truth of something, as by oath or affidavit.
5. the process of research, examination, etc., required to prove or establish authenticity or validity.
6. Law.a short confirmatory affidavit at the end of a pleading or petition.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.