Pronunciation: (vûr'zhun, -shun), [key]
1. a particular account of some matter, as from one person or source, contrasted with some other account: two different versions of the accident.
2. a particular form or variant of something: a modern version of an antique.
3. a translation.
4. (often cap.) a translation of the Bible or a part of it.
5. Med.the act of turning a child in the uterus so as to bring it into a more favorable position for delivery.
6. Pathol.an abnormal direction of the axis of the uterus or other organ.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.