Pronunciation: (vûr'ti-kul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/vertical.html on line 81 [key]
1. being in a position or direction perpendicular to the plane of the horizon; upright; plumb.
2. of, pertaining to, or situated at the vertex.
3. of or pertaining to the cranial vertex.
a. (of a leaf) having the blade in a perpendicular plane, so that neither of the surfaces can be called upper or lower.
b. being in the same direction as the axis; lengthwise.
5. of, constituting, or resulting in vertical combination.
6. of or pertaining to a product or service from initial planning to sale.
7. of, pertaining to, or noting a stratified society, nation, etc.
1. something vertical, as a line or plane.
2. a vertical or upright position.
3. a vertical structural member in a truss.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.