Pronunciation: (vī'brunt), [key]
1. moving to and fro rapidly; vibrating.
2. vibrating so as to produce sound, as a string.
3. (of sounds) characterized by perceptible vibration; resonant; resounding.
4. pulsating with vigor and energy: the vibrant life of a large city.
5. vigorous; energetic; vital: a vibrant personality.
6. exciting; stimulating; lively: vibrant colors; a vibrant performance.
7. Phonet.made with tonal vibration of the vocal cords; voiced.
Phonet.a vibrant sound.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.