Pronunciation: (vid'ē-ō"), [key]
a. the elements of television, as in a program or script, pertaining to the transmission or reception of the image (distinguished from audio).
b. the video part of a television broadcast.
3. Informal.television: She is a star of stage and video.
4. a program, movie, or the like, that is available commercially on videocassette.
5. See music video.
1. of or pertaining to the electronic apparatus for producing the television picture: video amplifier.
2. of or pertaining to television, esp. the visual elements.
3. of or pertaining to videocassettes, videocassette recorders, music video, etc.: a video shop.
4. pertaining to or employed in the transmission or reception of television pictures.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.