Pronunciation: (vyOO'ur), [key]
1. a person or thing that views.
2. a person who watches television, often a devotee of television or of a particular kind of television program: a weekly show aimed at teenage viewers.
3. any of various optical devices to facilitate viewing, esp. one that is small and boxlike with a magnifying lens, and sometimes a light source, in which a photographic transparency may be viewed.
4. an eyepiece or viewfinder.
5. an official inspector of property, public works, or the like.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.