Pronunciation: (vig'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/vigor.html on line 75 [key]
1. active strength or force.
2. healthy physical or mental energy or power; vitality.
3. energetic activity; energy; intensity: The economic recovery has given the country a new vigor.
4. force of healthy growth in any living matter or organism, as a plant.
5. active or effective force, esp. legal validity. Also, esp. Brit.,vig'our.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.