Pronunciation: (viz"u-bil'i-tē), [key]
1. the state or fact of being visible.
2. the relative ability to be seen under given conditions of distance, light, atmosphere, etc.: low visibility due to fog.
3. Also called visual range. Meteorol.the distance at which a given standard object can be seen and identified with the unaided eye.
4. the ability to give a relatively large range of unobstructed vision: a windshield with good visibility.
5. Typography.legibility (def. 2).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.