Pronunciation: (vom'it), [key]
1. to eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; regurgitate; throw up.
2. to belch or spew with force or violence.
1. to eject from the stomach through the mouth; spew.
2. to cast out or eject as if in vomiting; send out forcefully or violently: The volcano vomited flames and molten rock.
3. to cause (a person) to vomit.
1. the act of vomiting.
2. the matter ejected in vomiting.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.