Pronunciation: (voi'ij), [key]
—n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
1. a course of travel or passage, esp. a long journey by water to a distant place.
2. a passage through air or space, as a flight in an airplane or space vehicle.
3. a journey or expedition from one place to another by land.
4. Often, voyages. journeys or travels as the subject of a written account, or the account itself: the voyages of Marco Polo.
5. Obs.an enterprise or undertaking.
to make or take a voyage; travel; journey.
to traverse by a voyage: to voyage the seven seas.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.