Pronunciation: (wāk'up"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/wake-up.html on line 71 [key]
1. an act or instance of waking up.
2. an act or instance of being awakened: I asked the hotel desk for a wake-up at 6.
3. a time of awaking or being awakened: I'll need a 5 o'clock wake-up to make the early plane.
1. serving to wake one from sleep: Leave a wake-up call at the front desk.
2. serving to arouse or excite: a wake-up call on the problems of pollution.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.