Pronunciation: (wēk'en"dur), [key]
1. a person who goes on a weekend vacation.
2. a weekend guest.
3. a traveling bag large enough to carry the clothing and personal articles needed for a weekend trip.
4. a small pleasure boat, esp. a sailboat, equipped to accommodate usually not more than four persons for a weekend cruise.
5. a person who engages in a sport, hobby, or other activity occasionally, esp. on weekends.
6. Slang.a minor offender sentenced to serve a weekend or series of weekends in jail.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.