1. a list of novels, motion pictures, etc., deemed suitable for juveniles, members of a particular faith, or other specified groups of individuals.
2. a list of persons thought by a business concern to be qualified or otherwise suitable for employment.
3. a list of individuals, organizations, etc., having security clearance from government officials.
4. a list of business establishments approved for patronage because of hiring practices, religious or political affiliations, etc.
5. a list kept by a labor union, containing the names of employers who maintain working conditions approved by the union. Cf. blacklist.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.