Pronunciation: (hOO), [key]
—pron., poss. whose;
1. what person or persons?: Who did it?
2. (of a person) of what character, origin, position, importance, etc.: Who does she think she is?
3. the person that or any person that (used relatively to represent a specified or implied antecedent): It was who you thought.
4. (used relatively in restrictive and nonrestrictive clauses to represent a specified antecedent, the antecedent being a person or sometimes an animal or personified thing): Any kid who wants to can learn to swim.
5. Archaic.the person or persons who.
6. as who should say, Archaic.in a manner of speaking; so to say.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.