Pronunciation: (wīl), [key]
—n., v., wiled, wil•ing.
1. a trick, artifice, or stratagem meant to fool, trap, or entice; device.
2. wiles,artful or beguiling behavior.
3. deceitful cunning; trickery.
1. to beguile, entice, or lure (usually fol. by away, from, into, etc.): The music wiled him from his study.
2. wile away,to spend or pass (time), esp. in a leisurely or pleasurable fashion: to wile away the long winter nights.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.