Pronunciation: (wīn'ding), [key]
1. the act of a person or thing that winds.
2. a bend, turn, or flexure.
3. a coiling, folding, or wrapping, as of one thing about another.
4. something that is wound or coiled, or a single round of it.
a. a symmetrically laid, electrically conducting current path in any device.
b. the manner of such coiling: a series winding.
1. bending or turning; sinuous.
2. spiral, as stairs.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.