Pronunciation: (win'zur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/windsor.html on line 143 [key]
1. (since 1917) a member of the present British royal family. Cf. Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (def. 1).
2. Baron. See Edward VIII.
3. Wallis Warfield, Duchess of (Bessie Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson), 1896–1986, U.S. socialite: wife of Edward VIII of England, who abdicated the throne to marry her.
4. Official name, Wind'sor and Maid'enhead. a city in E Berkshire, in S England, on the Thames: the site of the residence (Wind'sor Cas'tle) of English sovereigns since William the Conqueror. 134,700.
5. a city in S Ontario, in SE Canada, opposite Detroit, Michigan. 196,526.
6. a town in N central Connecticut. 25,204.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.