Pronunciation: (win'dē), [key]
—adj., wind•i•er, wind•i•est.
1. accompanied or characterized by wind: a windy day.
2. exposed to or swept by the wind: a windy hill.
3. consisting of or resembling wind: a windy tempest of activity.
4. toward the wind; windward.
5. unsubstantial or empty.
6. of the nature of, characterized by, or given to prolonged, empty talk; voluble; verbose; bombastic.
7. characterized by or causing flatulence.
8. Chiefly Scot.boastful.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.