Pronunciation: (wi&thslash;-out', with-), [key]
1. with the absence, omission, or avoidance of; not with; with no or none of; lacking: without help; without shoes; without her helping me; without him to help.
2. free from; excluding: a world without hunger.
3. not accompanied by: Don't go without me.
4. at, on, or to the outside of; outside of: both within and without the house or the city.
5. beyond the compass, limits, range, or scope of (now used chiefly in opposition to within): whether within or without the law.
1. in or into an exterior or outer place; outside.
2. outside a house, building, etc.: The carriage awaits without.
3. lacking something implied or understood: We must take this or go without.
4. as regards the outside; externally.
the outside of a place, region, area, room, etc.
Midland and Southern U.S.unless.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.