Pronunciation: (wool'ē), [key]
—adj., -li•er, -li•est,
—n., pl. -lies.
1. consisting of wool: a woolly fleece.
2. resembling wool in texture or appearance: woolly hair.
3. clothed or covered with wool or something resembling it: a woolly caterpillar.
4. Bot.covered with a pubescence of long, soft hairs resembling wool.
5. like the rough, vigorous atmosphere of the early West in America: wild and woolly.
6. fuzzy; unclear; disorganized: woolly thinking.
1. Western U.S.a wool-bearing animal; sheep.
2. Usually, woollies. a knitted undergarment of wool or other fiber.
3. any woolen garment, as a sweater.
4. Dial.a dust ball. Also,wooly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.