Pronunciation: (res'ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/wrestle.html on line 75 [key]
—v., -tled, -tling,
1. to engage in wrestling.
2. to contend, as in a struggle for mastery; grapple: to wrestle with one's conscience.
1. to contend with in wrestling.
2. to force by or as if by wrestling.
3. to throw (a calf or other animal) for branding.
1. an act of or a bout at wrestling.
2. a struggle.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.