Pronunciation: (yûrk), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/yerk.html on line 71 [key] Chiefly Brit. Dial.
1. to strike or whip.
2. to stir up; arouse; excite.
3. to jerk.
4. to move (a part of one's body) with a jerk.
5. to pull (stitches) tight or bind tightly.
1. to kick.
2. to rise suddenly.
3. to enter into something eagerly.
1. a kick or jerk.
2. a thud or blow, as from a stick.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.