Pronunciation: (yet), [key]
1. at the present time; now: Don't go yet. Are they here yet?
2. up to a particular time; thus far: They had not yet come.
3. in the time still remaining; before all is done: There is yet time.
4. from the preceding time; as previously; still: He came here on a vacation 20 years ago, and he is here yet.
5. in addition; again: The mail brought yet another reply.
6. moreover: I've never read it nor yet intend to.
7. even; still (used to emphasize a comparative): a yet milder tone; yet greater power.
8. though the case be such; nevertheless: strange and yet very true.
9. as yet. See as 1 (def. 27).
though; still; nevertheless: It is good, yet it could be improved.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.