Pronunciation: (yOOth), [key]
—pl. youthsPronunciation: (yOOths, yOO&thslash;z), [key](collectively) youth.
1. the condition of being young.
2. the appearance, freshness, vigor, spirit, etc., characteristic of one who is young.
3. the time of being young; early life: His youth was spent on the farm.
4. the period of life from puberty to the attainment of full growth; adolescence.
5. the first or early period of anything: The business, even in its youth, showed great potential.
6. young persons collectively.
7. a young person, esp. a young man or male adolescent.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.