Pronunciation: (zest), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/zest.html on line 73 [key]
1. keen relish; hearty enjoyment; gusto.
2. an agreeable or piquant flavor imparted to something.
3. anything added to impart flavor, enhance one's appreciation, etc.
4. piquancy; interest; charm.
5. liveliness or energy; animating spirit.
6. the peel, esp. the thin outer peel, of a citrus fruit used for flavoring: lemon zest.
to give zest, relish, or piquancy to.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.