Pronunciation: (zing), [key]
1. vitality, animation, or zest.
2. a quality or characteristic that excites the interest, enthusiasm, etc.: a tourist town with lots of zing.
3. a sharp singing or whining noise, as of a bullet passing through the air.
1. to move or proceed with a sharp singing or whining noise: The cars zinged down the highway.
2. to move or proceed with speed or vitality; zip.
1. to cause to move with or as with a sharp, singing or whining noise: The pitcher zinged a slider right over the plate.
2. Slang.to blame or criticize severely: City Hall always gets zinged when crime increases.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.