Pronunciation: (ab"ur-dēn' for 1, 2; ab'ur-dēn" for 3–6), [key]
1. Also called Ab•er•deen•shire Pronunciation: (ab"ur-dēn'shēr, -shur). [key]a historic county in NE Scotland.
2. a seaport in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: administrative center of the Grampian region. 210,362.
3. a city in NE South Dakota. 25,956.
4. a seaport in W Washington. 18,739.
5. a town in NE Maryland. 11,533.
6. a fishhook having an extended bend.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.