Pronunciation: (ad'lur; for 1–3 also äd'lur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/adler.html on line 151 [key]
1. Alfred, 1870–1937, Austrian psychiatrist and psychologist.
2. Cyrus, 1863–1940, U.S. religious leader and Jewish scholar.
3. Felix, 1851–1933, U.S. educator, reformer, and writer.
4. Kurt (Herbert), 1905–77, U.S. orchestra conductor, born in Austria.
5. Lawrence Cecil (“Larry”), 1914-2001, U.S. harmonica player.
6. Mortimer (Jerome), 1902–91, U.S. philosopher, educator, and author.
7. Peter Hermann, 1899–1990, U.S. orchestra conductor, born in Czechoslovakia.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.