Pronunciation: (ad-mish'un), [key]
1. the act of allowing to enter; entrance granted by permission, by provision or existence of pecuniary means, or by the removal of obstacles: the admission of aliens into a country.
2. right or permission to enter: granting admission to the rare books room.
3. the price paid for entrance, as to a theater or ball park.
4. an act or condition of being received or accepted in a position, profession, occupation, or office; appointment: admission to the bar.
5. confession of a charge, an error, or a crime; acknowledgment: His admission of the theft solved the mystery.
6. an acknowledgment of the truth of something.
7. a point or statement admitted; concession.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.