Pronunciation: (ad-ven'chur), [key]
—n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
1. an exciting or very unusual experience.
2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.
3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
4. a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture.
a. peril; danger; risk.
b. chance; fortune; luck.
1. to risk or hazard.
2. to take the chance of; dare.
3. to venture to say or utter: to adventure an opinion.
1. to take the risk involved.
2. to venture; hazard.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.