Pronunciation: (ad-ven'chur-ur), [key]
1. a person who has, enjoys, or seeks adventures.
2. a seeker of fortune in daring enterprises; soldier of fortune.
3. a person who undertakes great commercial risk; speculator.
4. a person who seeks power, wealth, or social rank by unscrupulous or questionable means: They thought John was an adventurer and after their daughter's money.
5. (usually cap.) a member of Camp Fire, Inc., who is between the ages of 9 and 11.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.