Pronunciation: (an"u-tō'lē-un), [key]
1. of or pertaining to Anatolia, its inhabitants, or their language.
2. of, pertaining to, or belonging to the Anatolian group or family of languages.
1. a native or inhabitant of Anatolia.
2. any of various Turkish dialects spoken in Anatolia.
3. a group or family of extinct languages that includes cuneiform Hittite and its nearest congeners, as Lycian, Lydian, and Luwian.
4. a variety of Turkish rug woven in Anatolia.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.