Pronunciation: (an-tis"u-pā'shun), [key]
1. the act of anticipating or the state of being anticipated.
2. realization in advance; foretaste.
3. expectation or hope.
4. previous notion; slight previous impression.
5. intuition, foreknowledge, or prescience.
6. Law.a premature withdrawal or assignment of money from a trust estate.
7. Music.a tone introduced in advance of its harmony so that it sounds against the preceding chord.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.