Pronunciation: (är-tis'tik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/artistic.html on line 73 [key]
1. conforming to the standards of art; satisfying aesthetic requirements: artistic productions.
2. showing skill or excellence in execution: artistic workmanship.
3. exhibiting taste, discriminating judgment, or sensitivity: an artistic arrangement of flowers; artistic handling of a delicate diplomatic situation.
4. exhibiting an involvement in or appreciation of art, esp. the fine arts: He had wide-ranging artistic interests.
5. involving only aesthetic considerations, usually taken as excluding moral, practical, religious, political, or similar concerns: artistic principles.
6. of art or artists: artistic works.
7. of, like, or thought of as characteristic of an artist: an artistic temperament. Also,ar•tis'ti•cal.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.