Pronunciation: (âr'ē-un, âr'yun, ar'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/aryan.html on line 75 [key]
1. Ethnol.a member or descendant of the prehistoric people who spoke Indo-European.
2. (in Nazi doctrine) a non-Jewish Caucasian, esp. of Nordic stock.
3. (formerly) Indo-European.
4. (formerly) Indo-Iranian.
1. of or pertaining to an Aryan or the Aryans.
2. (formerly) Indo-European.
3. (formerly) Indo-Iranian. Also,Arian.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.