Pronunciation: (u-ten'dunt), [key]
1. a person who attends another, as to perform a service.
2. Chiefly Brit.an usher or clerk.
3. a corollary or concomitant thing or quality.
4. a person who is present, as at a meeting.
1. being present or in attendance; accompanying.
2. consequent; concomitant; associated; related: winter holidays and attendant parties; war and its attendant evils; poverty and its attendant hardships.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.