Pronunciation: (bôld), [key]
1. having little or no hair on the scalp: a bald head; a bald person.
2. destitute of some natural growth or covering: a bald mountain.
3. lacking detail; bare; plain; unadorned: a bald prose style.
4. open; undisguised: a bald lie.
5. Zool.having white on the head: the bald eagle.
6. Auto.(of a tire) having the tread completely worn away.
to become bald.
(often cap.) Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.a treeless mountaintop or area near the top: often used as part of a proper name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.