Pronunciation: (bas'turd), [key]
1. a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child.
a. a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person: Some bastard slashed the tires on my car.
b. a person, esp. a man: The poor bastard broke his leg.
3. something irregular, inferior, spurious, or unusual.
4. See bastard culverin.
1. illegitimate in birth.
2. spurious; not genuine; false: The architecture was bastard Gothic.
3. of abnormal or irregular shape or size; of unusual make or proportions: bastard quartz; bastard mahogany.
4. having the appearance of; resembling in some degree: a bastard Michelangelo; bastard emeralds.
5. Print.(of a character) not of the font in which it is used or found.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.