Pronunciation: (bôl), [key]
to cry or wail lustily.
1. to utter or proclaim by outcry; shout out: to bawl one's dissatisfaction; bawling his senseless ditties to the audience.
2. to offer for sale by shouting, as a hawker: a peddler bawling his wares.
3. bawl out, Informal.to scold vociferously; reprimand or scold vigorously: Your father will bawl you out when he sees this mess.
1. a loud shout; outcry.
2. a period or spell of loud crying or weeping.
3. Chiefly Midland and Western U.S.the noise made by a calf.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.