Pronunciation: (bēk), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/beak.html on line 79 [key]
1. the bill of a bird; neb.
2. any similar horny mouthpart in other animals, as the turtle or duckbill.
3. anything beaklike or ending in a point, as the spout of a pitcher.
4. Slang.a person's nose.
5. Entomol.proboscis (def. 3).
6. Bot.a narrowed or prolonged tip.
7. Naut.(formerly) a metal or metal-sheathed projection from the bow of a warship, used to ram enemy vessels; ram; rostrum.
8. Typography.a serif on the arm of a character, as of a K.
9. Also called bird's beak. Archit.a pendant molding forming a drip, as on the soffit of a cornice.
10. Chiefly Brit. Slang.
a. a judge; magistrate.
b. a schoolmaster.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.