Pronunciation: (ben'it), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bennett.html on line 151 [key]
1. (Enoch) Arnold, 1867–1931, English novelist.
2. Floyd, 1890–1928, U.S. aviator.
3. James Gordon, 1795–1872, U.S. journalist.
4. Richard Bedford, 1870–1947, Canadian statesman: prime minister 1930–35.
5. Robert Russell, 1894–1981, U.S. composer and conductor.
6. Tony (Anthony Dominick Benedetto), born 1926, U.S. singer.
7. William A(ndrew) C(ecil), 1900–79, Canadian political leader: premier of British Columbia 1952–72.
8. Also,Ben'net.a male given name, form of Benedict.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.