Pronunciation: (bet), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bet.html on line 77 [key]
—v., bet or bet•ted, bet•ting,
to wager with (something or someone).
1. to make a wager: Do you want to bet?
2. you bet! Informal.of course! surely!: You bet I'd like to be there!
1. a pledge of a forfeit risked on some uncertain outcome; wager: Where do we place our bets?
2. that which is pledged: a two-dollar bet.
3. something that is bet on, as a competitor in a sporting event or a number in a lottery: That horse looks like a good bet.
4. an act or instance of betting: It's a bet, then?
5. a person, plan of action, etc., considered as being a good alternative; choice: Your best bet is to sell your stocks now.
Pronunciation: (bāt; bet), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bet.html on line 151 [key]
Trademark.Black Entertainment Television (a cable television channel).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.